Fudge Sunday - 99 6G Balloons
In just three weeks the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona will begin. The telco industry discussion will continue to crossover into new industries via silicon, spectrum, software, solutions, and services.
Practitioners, pundits, and playmakers will “reconnect, reimagine, and reinvent” to turn the tropes of movies into the growth engines of our next global economic expansion.
What are the vendor themes this year? (emphasis mine)
- 5G Connect (Industry, 5G to 6G, Sustainability, Partnerships)
- Advancing AI (Data and Automation, Quantum Computing, Ethics)
- CloudNet (OpenRAN, Cloud, Edge)
- FinTech (Identity and Security, Payment Innovations, Metaverse)
- Internet of Everything (SmartCities, Technology Adoption, Drones, Devices, People, Data, Process)
- Tech Horizon (Creative Tech, Diversity4Tech, Climate, Sustainable Development Goals aka SDGs)
Yes. 6G! Here we were just waiting for 5G.
So, how long until we see a consumer accessible democratized access to the technology?
Let’s take a look back then look ahead.
1989 = Marketing…
Setting aside the AT&T “you will” meme… the only thing holding back telecom in the 1990s was… telecom itself.
1993 = (soon to be) Memes…
The AT&T “you will” meme will reach a 30th anniversary soon.
But there’s more…
Fast forward 17 years…
2010 = Progress…
Fast forward 11 years…
2021 = More progress…
Skype and Zoom might have been first for cross mobile /desktop / device video conferencing but Apple eventually caught up late last year.
As of late 2021, you can now join a FaceTime call from an Android or Windows device. FaceTime links arrived in iOS 15 and macOS Monterey meaning (almost) anyone can join a FaceTime call from a web browser.
Fast forward to right now… and things are getting very interesting!
Building Blocks of Democratization…
The FreedomFi Gateway enables anyone to run a private LTE 5G network.
Yes. A blockchain. 🤓 Helium aspires to decentralize 5G infrastructure.
Tune in within 3-5 years to see how this newsletter has aged.🤓🤔🤣
We’re hiring at Faction!🎉🤓☁️🚀
To see our current openings click here.⬅️🤓☁️🚀
- Cloud Data Services Leader
- Product Manager, Alliances & OEM (Cloud Technology)
- Product Manager, Networking (FIX)
- UI/UX Designer
- Product Development Engineer
- Senior Back-End Engineer
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud)
- Senior Network Engineer
- Sr. Software Engineer
I am linking to my disclosure.
In order to unsubscribe, click here.
If you were forwarded this newsletter and you like it, you can subscribe here.
Created with [Revue by Twitter](https://www.getrevue.co/?utm_source=Start the week more informed&utm_medium=email&utm_content=footerlink&utm_campaign=Issue).
1903 Live Oak St #92 Beaufort, NC 28516-0092✍️ 🤓 Edit on Github 🐙 ✍️